Monday, July 29, 2013

This little light of mine


I never thought much of this quote until the other day...when I realized just how much I dull my own shine for the sake of others.
 
On countless occasions I have played down my intelligence to make someone else feel better about themselves. More so when I was younger and my older coworkers would only respond kindly to me when they thought they had the upper hand.
 
At other times, I have stifled my sometimes outgoing nature to keep from upstaging a wall flower.
 
And, most regrettably, I have played down my relationship with my Savior...
 
I'm ashamed to admit that there have been situations when I have put my faith in the backseat to keep someone from feeling convicted. When I have kept silent in moments that begged for guidance. Never realizing that my love for God, and more importantly His love for me, may have been exactly what they needed to hear about at that moment. You see, sometimes I fear being labeled as a "Judgmental Christian". 
 
 
 
 
But now I realize that the true "shine" that comes with an intimate relationship with Jesus is one that attracts those that need it most, and I am not doing anyone any favors by dulling it. Let your shine be a beacon. A beacon of love, of redemption, of hope. 
You may be the only Jesus some people ever see, make sure they can't miss you ;)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment